Monday 14 October 2013

Wean off

Alhamdulillah, I've managed to persuade my clever Hanif not to bf anymore for about 2 weeks now. 

Found good info on how to wean off your baby here

Hanif drinking EBM by himself :) This is when he was 6month old.
The historical date is1st October 2013.. Hanif BF journey has lasts for 2yr & 8month..He BF exclusively for 1 year. Alhamdulillah, Allah has rewarded us the greatest gift every mom ever wish ~ to be able to BF our loved one & provide the best early nutrition for them.

How did I do it? Not too easy, yet not too difficult. Being tried to wean him off few weeks before, but Hanif will beg to BF every evening after I came back from work. He even pull my shirt in attempt to bf..strong will child :) And I lost in defending my effort due to I pity him..

But then in end of September, I have determined to wean off by October.. I have told Hanif over and over again that he is a big boy now and no need my b****t milk anymore. Furthermore, my b****t milk already reduced, he will not be full by bf. He need to consume fm. He seems to understand my message, everytime I said that, he will say OK..what a very good boy :) 

Coincidentally, we went for a holiday at Langkawi on 27th - 30th September 2013. So I let him bf as much as he want, but kept reminding him that when we get home he need to drink fm. And Hanif said OK. OK, and on 1st October, Hanif kept his promise & officially wean off..

Good job Hanif..No need to use tamarind or salt at all :)

You're such a good & brave boy.. Ibu love you soo much..


~Love, Azizah~


No comments: